• When your just starting with your business

• When you start feeling your brand is getting invisible

• You’re missing out opportunities

• You’re attracting the wrong people

• Your brand does not represent your service / product.

When you’re just starting with your business

If you are just starting out or launching your business, it is absolutely and without a shadow of a doubt, the best time to start your branding process. Besides the obvious reason of needing a logo and a website, you have to understand that what will take your business to the next level is your brand.

Something that’s extremely important for you to understand though, is that it’s not about designing a logo and that’s it. It’s about understanding your business from the inside out. Defining what your purpose is, determining what makes you unique, getting clear on your positioning and your audience in order to build a strategy and communication that will attract them your way while building differentiation, trust and credibility.

When you start feeling your brand is getting invisible

Unfortunately, businesses show up every single day with promises so similar to yours, it sometimes seems hard to catch up. It makes you feel like all the effort you’re putting in is getting lost in the crowd. If this is how you feel with your business, it’s absolutely the right time to build your brand.

You see, competition might be disrupting the growth of your business. The reason for this is that you’re basically not being effective enough in communicating your value to your audience.

You´re missing out

Speaking of opportunities, if you’re missing out on them, because you aren’t effectively showing what makes you unique, it means it’s time to build your brand.

I didn’t know what it was about my brand that made me unique. I felt that there were probably a lot of people that were better or even cheaper than I was. Then I realized I was looking at it all wrong. You see, people hire you because of mixture of your skills, abilities, passions, personality and experiences. That means that no matter how many people out there are doing the “same thing” as you are, nobody will ever compare to you.

You´re attracting the wrong people

This is a big one. If you keep on attracting the wrong people, who are placing too many objections (i.e. your price is too high), it means your branding is all wrong. The first step of building a brand is defining your foundations and within that, it’s about understanding your audience. Your audience is everything. Without an audience, you don’t have a business. So, if you are getting the wrong people coming into your business again and again it probably means that your communication is directed at the wrong people or that you’re showing up in the wrong places for them. Knowing your audience means knowing where they are, how they speak, what their pain points are and how to offer effective solutions for them too.

Your brand doesn´t represent you

This is probably one of the main reasons why you need to working on your branding for your business. If you feel that your brand doesn’t represent you, or that you’re embarrassed to show who you are — because you know that you’re not presenting the best version of you.

Your business should show the best that you have to offer. It’s not about selling, it’s about knowing that you can honestly improve people’s lives with what you are doing. You want to honestly make sure that it’s getting across with all that you do. You want to make sure that just by having people look at your logo, they can tell that you are the real deal that your business means business.

If you aren’t proud of it, and don’t feel it represents you, I definitely think you need to work on building your brand.